Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Day One of New PLEX

With yesterday’s YC119.5 update the previously announced change over for PLEX showed up, so I had to log in and see the change.  We now have new PLEX.

New PLEX in-game Description

Foolishly I forgot to note how much Arurum I had on my main, I was carrying a balance of over 1,000, but I couldn’t recall exactly how much.  But I had 195 PLEX listed for him when I opened up the New Eden Store, so it was likely somewhere around 1,365.

Then I checked my alt.  He had the usual 300 Aurum, so did not get that converted.  However, I am not sure what became of it either or if I will ever see it again.  He did have two old PLEX sitting the station at Jita 4-4.  Those did get converted to 1,000 new PLEX, which was sitting in the station where the old PLEX had been.  He wasn’t in Jita, but I found the new PLEX using the search option in Assets.

Right-clicking on it in Assets listed the option to move it to the new PLEX Vault.  I had to actually read the description of PLEX (above) to be reminded where the PLEX Vault was.  I started by looking for yet another button on the Neocom, but it is actually part of your inventory listing.

It says PLEX Vault…

However, the option to move PLEX to the PLEX Vault does not appear to work remotely.  I tried the option a few times, but nothing changed.  It is bad design to give the user an option and provide no feedback, and I saw no errors while trying to do this.  Still, I figured out that I needed to be in the same station and clone jumped to Jita.  From there I was able to move the 1,000 PLEX to the PLEX Vault.

In the PLEX Vault

The PLEX vault is very much oriented towards selling PLEX to players naturally enough.  PLEX operations are in three small boxes, but buying PLEX covers four larger boxes with bright piles of PLEX shown, as if it were a physical thing, which can be expanded into even more PLEX purchasing options.

We have PLEX in the quantities you want…

The nature of the beast when you have a cash shop, as we have seen in every other MMORPG that has gone that route.  As more money comes from it, the more important it becomes.

And somebody out there is probably buying PLEX in $500 increments, but it sure isn’t me.  That would be about 40 billion ISK at the current market price, less transaction fees, or 900 days of game time.

And speaking of market price, while there were opportunities to make some easy ISK early after the PLEX transition (as SynCaine did), by the time I logged in later in the day the markets seemed to have settled down.  As I noted yesterday, PLEX was about 1.3 billion ISK per before the transition, so I estimated that it would settle around 2.6 million per for the new PLEX out of habit if nothing else.

In Jita you could grab a PLEX for a little less than that.

May 9, 2017 PLEX prices in Jita

In Amarr the price was a little higher, but not dramatically so.

May 9, 2017 PLEX prices in Amarr

So the new PLEX era is upon us.  We shall see how the price goes from here now that it is the universal RMT currency.  Prices in the New Eden Store have been adjusted for PLEX.  SKINs, which is all I ever buy from there, seem to run from about 40 PLEX for a frigate SKIN to 200 PLEX for a capital version.

Now to figure out where that 300 Aurum ended up and if I will ever get the ~42 new PLEX it ought to yield.

Others writing about PLEX:

No comments:

Post a Comment