Thursday, April 27, 2017

Your Space Wealth Revised

Or how I lost almost 5 billion ISK in virtual assets.

A while back CCP put in a new feature that would give you an estimate of your total worth, liquid ISK and assets combined.  I was a bit dubious of my result, as it showed I had nearly 22 billion ISK in assets squirreled away somewhere.

Wilhelm… back in March

CCP was apparently a bit dubious about the results as well as today’s quick patch includes some changes for the asset calculation.

Post patch valuation

Happy days, my ISK has increased over the last month.  I am still not rich by any measure, but I have enough to do what I want to do.  Fortunately, what I want generally involves sub-caps.  I am mostly up due to skill injector sales.  The price of injectors has been going up, making that a profitable sideline.

Assets, on the other hand, are down almost 5 billion, dropping from nearly 22 billion ISK to just over 17 billion.  17,108,645,956 ISK to be exact.

And still that number seems high to me.  It could be over-valuation of collectables as was suggested in the comments of the last post.  I have hung on to all of those over the years.  Among the items I pulled out of Deklein a year back was my commemorative piece of Steve.

In the comments of the last post it was suggested that I check out jEveAssets, a utility that will value you holdings. (Find it here.)  Unlike other things I have tried, jEveAssets has been updated to count assets you have in citadels.  Running that today I get the following output:

jEveAsset calculation

That also puts my assets at about 17 billion, off by about 68 million ISK compared to CCP’s calculation, with CCP being the lower of the two. (Also, Prototype Hyperspatial Accelerators seem to have dropped by about 90 million ISK in price since I last checked.)

That asset count still seems like a lot.  Certainly more than I can account for, though it may still be collectable inflation.  But at least I have two data points that are close this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment