Monday, April 25, 2016

Capitals at Okagaiken

HURRICANES – OP3 – THOMAS LEAR FLEET – STRATOP – STANDING FLEET GET IN THIS – EVERYONE – HOSTILES CAPITALS TACKLED GO GO GO GO

Jabber Ping, 2016-04-26 02:30:08 New Eden time

I happened to be sitting in front of my computer when that ping, my wife was out of the house and my daughter was otherwise occupied, so it was clearly time to log in and shoot something.

I got on, jumped in the Hurricane I had sitting in the back room of the Quafe Company Warehouse, joined the fleet, and connected up to voice coms.  It was go go go time.

We got ourselves sorted out fairly quickly and undocked.  FC Thomas Lear gave us a free burn destination, Okagaiken.  Just five gates to travel and the promise of hostile supers trapped at the far end.

We burned off as quick as we could and, as we approached our destination, Thomas Lear told us to hold our cloak when we jumped through into Okagaiken.  Sure enough, just there on the other side of the gate was a pile of Psychotic Tendencies capital ships in a ball between the gate and a blue water planet.

Psychotic Tendencies capitals spotted

Psychotic Tendencies capitals spotted

When we were through in force we anchored up and set out after the enemy.  We were told to start shooting fighters as the situation sorted itself.  We took shots at a couple of carriers before Aliventi in an Archon was spotted away from the pack.  We headed for him to bump him further from his support then shot him up fairly quickly.

Aliventi about to go down

Aliventi about to go down

Once he was down we turned back towards the main force and tried to take on a another carrier.  However, by then the enemy had reinforcements bridging into the system to help.

About them I saw the fighters on my overview begin targeting me.  I had clearly been called primary by someone.  I called for shield reps and our logi got on me before the fighters began to hit in force.  However, it was not enough and my Hurricane blew up leaving me in my pod.

Thomas was getting people to align and warped us all away, me following along in my pod.  Then we turned about and as I was setting the self-destruct we were warped off again before I could cancel in, aborting my attempt.  At the far end I got somebody to pod me and was back in Saranen.

However, by that point orders had come down waving off anybody else coming to Okagaiken.  The enemy had arrived in force and it was decided not to feed them kills.  The fleet docked up in the station at Okagaiken and waited for the enemy to clear off.

The exchange was a bit in our favor, with the battle report indicating we lost 66 ships worth 4.8 billion ISK while the enemy lost 33 ships worth 5.8 billion ISK.  A short, sharp encounter.  Here are a few more screen shots:

Psychotic Tendencies capitals spotted Archon wreck Aligning off for the next target Reinforcements bridging in My Hurricane getting pointed My pod warping off with the fleet Hurricanes headed for safety

No comments:

Post a Comment