Monday, June 19, 2017

Two Years of Minecraft

Two years in and my general reflections on Minecraft haven’t really changed.  As I wrote last year, as a game it does scratch the exploration, building, and persistence itches, yet is often falls flat on the purpose front.

And so I do not spend much time building castles or villas or other grand living spaces, as once built there isn’t much you can do with them.  Instead I thrive on overland infrastructure, blazing trails, building roads, bridges, and rail lines, and making practical rest stop and production areas along the way.

This approach has led me to the inevitable laying of track along the north mansion roadway that I spent several months building.  Happened with the last road I built as well.

A new rail stop along the way

A fast horse is faster than a minecart for travel, and can go where you want, but you don’t need to manage a minecart.  A minecart doesn’t wander off… mostly… doesn’t need a corral, and won’t die in the middle of nowhere leaving you to walk home.  You just make another minecart or keep it in your inventory and when it is time to travel you put it on the rails and off you go.

So I am laying tracks.  Tracks require resources… iron mostly, of which I am perennially short.  But among the improvements I have done along the line at every rest stop is dig a mine and an auto furnace.  That can be slow going, but at many of the stops I piled up an excess of iron because I was mostly interesting in getting cobblestone to lay down the road.  So I have some resources to draw on… and Aaron gave me a few stacks or iron blocks, which got me quite a way down the line.

It does keep me logging in, which is the ultimate test.  As I have noted in the past, what I say I enjoy doesn’t always line up with what I will actually do, so I have to side with my actions as opposed to my intentions.  If I keep building road and rail projects, that must be what I like!

Not that the last year hasn’t delivered new things.  There were three updates to Minecraft which delivered  polar bears, llamas, and parrots… among other things.  They were:

All of which added things to the game that extended my play time with it.  Not bad.

So another Father’s Day has passes and I am still playing… and on the same world.  That means that my stats for that world are pretty much my overall stats for the game.  As I did last year, I’ll put up a few stats (after the cut) just to mark where I stand.

General Items

  • Games Quit – 1,205
  • Items Dropped – 914
  • Chests opened – 16,708
  • Trapped chests triggered – 233
  • Hoppers searched – 1,237
  • Droppers searched – 4
  • Records played – 2
  • Ender chests opened – 124
  • Items enchanted – 71

Travel Related

  • Walked – 3,365.36km
  • Sprinted – 37.31km
  • Crouched – 50.31km (most of it backwards)
  • Swum – 23.37km
  • Fallen – 12.59km
  • Climbed – 37.59km
  • Flown – 16.27km
  • Dove – 12.71km
  • Minecart – 974.71km
  • Boat – 237.07km
  • Pig – 335.71m
  • Horse – 675.6km
  • Elytra – 0mm
  • Jumped – 150,928 times
  • Times slept in a bed – 1,990

Dealing with MOBs

  • MOB Kills – 34,693
  • Damage Dealt – 94,452
  • Damage Taken – 8,171
  • Players Killed – 0
  • Number of Deaths – 39
  • Animals Bred – 1,220
  • Zombies killed – 1,908 (killed me 4 times)
  • Skeletons killed – 1,182 (killed me 2 times)
  • Spiders killed – 735
  • Creepers killed – 877
  • Zombie Pigmen killed – 278 (killed me 4 times)
  • Magma Cubes killed – 239
  • Blazes killed – 185
  • Cows killed – 162
  • Slimes killed – 203
  • Sheep killed – 160
  • Silverfish killed – 165 (killed me 2 times, both when AFK)
  • Chickens killed – 123
  • Ghasts killed – 118 (killed me 1 time)
  • Cave Spiders killed – 88
  • Endermen killed – 76 (killed me 1 time)
  • Husks killed – 73
  • Witches killed – 87 (killed me 3 times)
  • Pigs killed – 53
  • Zombie villagers killed – 26
  • Rabbits killed – 23
  • Squids killed – 18
  • Vindicators killed – 11
  • Bats killed – 7
  • Villagers killed – 4
  • Vexes killed – 4
  • Evokers killed – 2
  • Ocelots killed – 2
  • Wolves killed – 3
  • Guardians killed – 1
  • Strays – 1
  • Parrots killed – 1

Some Crafting

  • Most Crafted item – Stick (needed for rails, torches, fences, tools, and more)
  • Most used item – Pick
  • Most depleted item – Pick
  • Most dropped item – Grass Seeds
  • Most mined item – Stone
  • Most picked up item – Potatoes
  • Most crafted block – Stone Brick

Another year looms.  We’ll see if I finish my current rail line before the next one turns.

No comments:

Post a Comment