Sunday, April 5, 2020

The Badlands Crypt

When we were out in the Badlands for turned out to be our final run at Uldaman, Skonk and I were hanging around one of the NPCs camps waiting for everybody to collect up.  Bouncing around, as people do when they’re ready to go, I started running up and down the peak where the camp was located, only to spot something I couldn’t recall seeing before.

Up the hill above the camp, Skronk down below on his mount

I’ve probably been here before, but it has been almost a decade since Cataclysm changed the old world, so I am not sure it is there anymore.  And, in any case, it has been many more years since I was actively leveling up in the Badlands.  So I went in to check it out.

The crypt invites

There are no mobs or anything in the crypt.  It is all static and very quiet.  But there is a tableau set up at the bottom.

Down in the heart of the crypt

I am sure somebody spent some time setting up and arranging everything just so.  The whole thing implies that there is a tale to be told about this, if only there was somebody around who witnessed the events.

All in all, there was nothing in the crypt that gained me even a single experience point, but it was a bit of an experience all the same.  Another of the little details strewn about old Azeroth.

No comments:

Post a Comment