Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Spring 2019 FML Results

The long spring FML league… it ran 14 weeks, which felt like two weeks too many to me… finished up the past weekend.  The summer league is here now, and I will get to that in the next post.  But I figured I would spend a few minutes on the spring run.

While I did not write about it as it progressed, a small group of regulars played almost every week.  I think eight people managed to get a pick in almost every week, and the top five players for the season were fairly tightly packed score-wise, at least compared with other seasons.

I did almost all of my picks on Monday evening when week’s unlocked, usually based purely on gut response to pictures rather than any research at all.  This failed me a few weeks.  I was particularly down on Aladdin in week 13, which cost me.

On the other hand, I got the perfect pick in week 12, a big win that revived my otherwise modest fortunes.  Overall the scores for the top ten players for the season ended up looking like this:

  1. Miniature Giant Space Hamsterplex – $1,425,273,371
  2. Goat Water Picture Palace – $1,410,622,811
  3. Wilhelm’s Qeynosian Kinetoscope – $1,379,179,921
  4. Too Orangey For Crows – $1,372,973,416
  5. grannanj’s Cineplex – $1,367,523,445
  6. SynCaine’s Dark Room of Delights – $1,335,897,444
  7. Joanie’s Joint – $1,288,023,932
  8. Vigo Grimborne’s Medieval Screening Complex – $1,058,566,243
  9. Darren’s Unwatched Cineplex – $1,019,273,600
  10. I HAS BAD TASTE – $448,199,463

Week 13 was important to Miniature Giant Space Hamsterplex.  They went with Aladdin while Goat and I avoided it, a situation that vaulted the Hamsterplex into first.  Even Goat’s win in week 14 was not enough to catch back up.

The alternate scoring was a bit different:

  1. Miniature Giant Space Hamsterplex – 102
  2. Goat Water Picture Palace – 102
  3. Too Orangey For Crows – 92
  4. grannanj’s Cineplex – 89
  5. Wilhelm’s Qeynosian Kinetoscope – 84
  6. SynCaine’s Dark Room of Delights – 80
  7. Joanie’s Joint – 76
  8. Darren’s Unwatched Cineplex – 55
  9. Vigo Grimborne’s Medieval Screening Complex – 49
  10. I HAS BAD TASTE – 22

Goat and Hamster, close in the overall scores, ended up tied for the alternate scoring.

Goat won three of the weeks, but five people won at least two weeks during the season, and two others won one week a piece.

The alternate scoring smoothed out my perfect pick week, pushing me down to fifth place.

Overall, choosing the winner came down to the final week.  A slightly better pick would have gotten Hamster a win in both measures, while grabbing the perfect pick would have put Goat back in first place in the overall scoring.

With that covered, it is time to move on to the summer 2019 league and a look at the opening week, which I will cover in the next post later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment